- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 20. Alaska Net Income Tax Act
- Section 14. Income Tax Education Credit.
previous: Section 13
. Individual Tax Credits.
next: Section 15
. Individual Tax Credit. [Repealed, Sec. 10 Ch 1 Sssla 1980].
AS 43.20.014. Income Tax Education Credit.
- (a) For cash contributions accepted for direct instruction, research, and educational support purposes, including library
and museum acquisitions, and contributions to endowment, by an Alaska university foundation or by a nonprofit, public
or private, Alaska two-year or four-year college accredited by a regional accreditation association, a taxpayer is
allowed as a credit against the tax due under this chapter
- (1) 50 percent of contributions of not more than $100,000; and
- (2) 100 percent of the next $100,000 of contributions.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 12 ch 71 SLA 1991].
- (c) Each public college and university shall include in its annual operating budget request contributions received and how
the contributions were used.
- (d) A contribution claimed as a credit under this section may not
- (1) be claimed as a credit under another provision of this title;
- (2) also be allowed as a deduction under 26 U.S.C. 170 against the tax imposed by this chapter; and
- (3) when combined with credits taken during the taxpayer's tax year under AS 21.89.070
, 21.89.075, AS 43.55.019
, AS 43.56.018
, AS 43.65.018, AS 43.75.018
, or AS 43.77.045
, exceed $150,000.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.