- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 50. Tobacco Taxes and Sales
- Section 550. Deferred-Payment Basis For Stamps.
previous: Section 540
. Purchase of and Payment For Stamps.
next: Section 560
. Suspension of Deferred-Payment Basis Privilege.
AS 43.50.550. Deferred-Payment Basis For Stamps.
- (a) A licensee may apply to the department to purchase stamps on a deferred-payment basis. Upon receipt of the application
and the bond required under (b) of this section, the department may set the maximum dollar amount of stamps that the
licensee is authorized to purchase on a deferred-payment basis in a calendar month.
- (b) A licensee who submits an application for the purchase of stamps on a deferred-payment basis shall, as a condition of
approval of the application, post a bond acceptable to the department in an amount equal to
- (1) 200 percent of the maximum dollar amount of allowed monthly purchases under this section; or
- (2) 100 percent of the maximum dollar amount of allowed monthly purchases under this section if the licensee
- (A) holds a license issued under AS 43.50.010
for a physical location in this state; and
- (B) has been in full compliance with the provisions of this title and regulations adopted under this title during the
preceding 60 months.
- (c) Amounts owing for stamps purchased on a deferred-payment basis in a calendar month are due on or before the last day
of the next calendar month. Payment shall be made by a remittance acceptable to the department that is made payable to
- (d) The department may designate the sales locations where the licensee may make purchases of stamps on a deferred-payment
basis and fix the dollar amount of purchases that the licensee may make under this section at each designated sales
location each month.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.