- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 41. Public Resources
- Chapter 21. Parks and Recreational Facilities
- Section 26. Fees For the Use of State Park System Facilities.
previous: Section 25
. Zoning of Private Land Within State Parks.
next: Section 27
. Concession Contracts in the State Park System.
AS 41.21.026. Fees For the Use of State Park System Facilities.
- (a) Notwithstanding (b) of this section, the department may charge or collect a fee in a park unit for
- (1) rental of public use cabins or other overnight lodgings;
- (2) overnight use of a developed campsite;
- (3) special park use permits;
- (4) competitive and exclusive commercial use permits;
- (5) noncompetitive and nonexclusive commercial use permits;
- (6) use of a sewage holding tank dump station;
- (7) admission to or guided tours of visitor centers and historic sites;
- (8) use of an improved boat ramp in a park facility developed principally for boat launching;
- (9) sale of firewood;
- (10) sale of merchandise for informational or educational purposes related to public use and understanding of parks,
including maps, plans, and other graphic materials;
- (11) use of a developed facility that has developed parking and rest rooms; and
- (12) presentation or attendance at programs related to natural or cultural history, outdoor skills or education, or other
topics concerned with public use, enjoyment, or understanding of parks.
- (b) The department may not charge or collect a fee for an ordinary use of a park unit or the use of a restroom in a park
- (c) The department shall establish the fees that may be charged or collected under (a) of this section by regulation.
Before setting the fees, the department shall consider at public hearings
- (1) the cost to the state of operating the facility or managing the activity;
- (2) the normal fees charged for similar facilities or activities by governmental and nongovernmental entities;
- (3) the cost of administering a fee collection program for the facility or activity; and
- (4) the public interest.
- (d) The department shall issue free of charge to disabled veterans of this country an annual state park developed campsite
permit. The permit shall allow a disabled veteran to use a state park developed campsite for personal recreation use
without a charge or fee under (a)(2) of this section. While utilizing a developed campsite without charge under this
subsection, the disabled veteran shall comply with all other statutes or regulations pertaining to the use of the
developed campsite. The department shall provide a form for use by a disabled veteran when applying for a permit under
this section. Not later than February 1 of each year, the department shall prepare a report on the number of permits
issued to disabled veterans under this subsection during the previous calendar year and notify the legislature that the
report is available.
- (e) In this section, "developed campsite" means a campsite having access to the following public facilities:
- (1) restrooms;
- (2) a picnic table;
- (3) an outdoor cooking facility; and
- (4) an approved water source.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.