- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 120. Commencement of Participation.
previous: Section 115
. Defined Benefit Retirement Plan; Reversion on Termination.
next: Section 125
. Participation of Elected Officials.
AS 39.35.120. Commencement of Participation.
- (a) An employee of the state shall be included in this plan upon commencement of employment with the state, or on
January 1, 1961, whichever is later. Unless an employee participates in a university
retirement program under AS 14.40.661
- 14.40.799, an employee of a political subdivision
or public organization that becomes an employer shall be included in the plan on the effective date of the employer's
participation or the date of the employee's commencement of employment with the employer, whichever is later.
- (b) Inclusion in the plan is a condition of employment for an employee except as otherwise provided for
- (1) an elected official;
- (2) an employee making an election under AS 39.35.150
- (3) an employee of the university who participates in a university retirement program under AS 14.40.661
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.