- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 35. Public Employees' Retirement System of Alaska
- Section 115. Defined Benefit Retirement Plan; Reversion on Termination.
previous: Section 110
. Investments. [Repealed, Sec. 33 Ch 141 SLA 1988].
next: Section 120
. Commencement of Participation.
AS 39.35.115. Defined Benefit Retirement Plan; Reversion on Termination.
- (a) A defined benefit retirement plan for employees of the state, political subdivisions, and public
organizations is created. The plan becomes effective January 1, 1961, at which time contributions by the employers and members begin.
- (b) The retirement plan established by AS 39.35.095 - 39.35.680 is intended to qualify under 26 U.S.C. 401(a) and
414(d) (Internal Revenue Code) as a qualified retirement plan established and maintained by the state for its employees and for the
employees of political subdivisions, public corporations, and public organizations of the state, and for the employees of other
employers whose participation is authorized by AS 39.35.095 - 39.35.680 and who participate in this plan.
- (c) An amendment to AS 39.35.095 - 39.35.680 does not provide a person with a vested right to a
benefit if the Internal Revenue Service determines that the amendment will result in disqualification of the plan under the Internal
- (d) The retirement plan established by AS 39.35.095 - 39.35.680 is a joint contributory plan.
- (e) If, upon termination of the plan, all liabilities are satisfied, any excess assets shall revert to the
employers as determined by the administrator, subject to the approval of the termination by the Internal Revenue Service.
Article 03. MEMBERSHIP
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.