- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 39. Public Officers and Employees
- Chapter 25. State Personnel Act
- Section 50. Powers and Duties of Director.
previous: Section 40
. Director of Personnel.
next: Section 60
. Personnel Board.
AS 39.25.050. Powers and Duties of Director.
- (a) The director of personnel shall direct and supervise the administrative and technical activities of the division of
personnel. In addition to the other duties imposed on the director, the director shall
- (1) administer this chapter and the personnel rules;
- (2) encourage and exercise leadership in the development of effective personnel administration in the state government;
- (3) develop, in cooperation with appointing authorities and others, programs for the improvement of employee effectiveness
- (4) attend meetings of the personnel board and serve as secretary for the board;
- (5) establish and maintain a roster of employees subject to this chapter;
- (6) prepare the rules, not inconsistent with this chapter, that are required to implement and administer this chapter;
- (7) perform other lawful acts that the director considers necessary or desirable to carry out the purposes of this
- (8) administer the equal employment opportunity program under AS 39.28.
- (b) The director of personnel may contract with municipalities, private organizations, and other persons to provide
personnel research or personnel training services for them and charge a fee for doing so.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.