- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 5. Alaska Land Act
- Section 131. Applicability; Determination; Regulations.
previous: Section 130
. Damages and Posting of Bond.
next: Section 132
. Exploration License For Oil and Gas or Gas Only.
AS 38.05.131. Applicability; Determination; Regulations.
- (a) Unless specifically provided otherwise in AS 38.05.132
- 38.05.134, the provisions of AS 38.05.005
- 38.05.037, 38.05.140(f), 38.05.180, 38.05.182 - 38.05.184, and 38.05.920 - 38.05.990 apply to the issuance of exploration licenses
and leases for oil and gas, or for gas only, as appropriate, under AS 38.05.132
- (b) The provisions of AS 38.05.131
- 38.05.134 do not apply to land
- (1) north of the Umiat baseline; and
- (2) in the vicinity of Cook Inlet that is within the area bounded by
- (A) the north boundary of Township 17 North, Seward Meridian;
- (B) the Seward Meridian;
- (C) the south boundary of Township 7 South, Seward Meridian; and
- (D) the west boundary of Range 19 West, Seward Meridian.
- (c) The commissioner shall make preliminary written determinations of the state land that may be subject to the provisions
of AS 38.05.132
. The determinations shall be given public notice using the methods described in AS 38.05.945
(b). After completion of the comment period and evaluation of the comments received, the commissioner shall issue a
written determination of the state land that is subject to the provisions of AS 38.05.132
- (d) The commissioner may adopt regulations necessary to implement AS 38.05.131 - 38.05.134.
- (e) The commissioner may not issue exploration licenses to a licensee so that, at any one time, the licensee holds
exploration licenses on more than 2,000,000 acres.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.