- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 5. Alaska Land Act
- Section 69. Preference to Persons For Agricultural Purposes.
previous: Section 68
. Forest Service Permittees' Sales Preference.
next: Section 70
AS 38.05.069. Preference to Persons For Agricultural Purposes.
- (a) After consulting with the Board of Agriculture and Conservation (AS 03.09.010
), on a determination that the highest and best use of unoccupied land is for agricultural purposes and that it is in
the best interests of the state to sell or lease the land, the commissioner shall grant to an Alaska resident owning
and using or leasing and using land for agricultural purposes a first option at the auction to purchase or lease the
unoccupied land situated adjacent to land presently held by the Alaska resident for the amount of the high bid received
at public auction. If more than one Alaska resident qualifies for a first option under this section, eligibility for
the first option shall be determined by lot and the option must be exercised on the conclusion of the public auction. A
parcel of agricultural land sold under this section may not be less than 20 acres, and a parcel of agricultural land
that is acquired by exercise of the option granted in this subsection may not exceed 320 acres. Agricultural land that
is acquired under this section must be used for agricultural purposes as required by law.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 88 ch 152 SLA 1984].
- (c) Under this section
- (1) the director may transfer state land classified for agriculture only for agricultural purposes;
- (2) the sale or lease shall be at public auction.
- (d) When not in conflict with this section, the provisions of AS 38.05.045 - 38.05.105 apply to disposals under this section.
- (e) In this section,
- (1) "adjacent" means that a tract of land has one common boundary point with presently held land or is separated from the
presently held land only by a physical barrier such as a road or stream.
- (2) "agricultural purposes" includes farming, ranching, grazing, and storage or control of agricultural crops or
- (f) Nothing in (c) of this section affects the disposal of minerals under AS 38.05.135
Article 03. LEASING OF LAND OTHER THAN FOR THE EXTRACTION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.