- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 38. Public Land
- Chapter 5. Alaska Land Act
- Section 68. Forest Service Permittees' Sales Preference.
previous: Section 67
. Preference For Veterans For Unoccupied Residential Land.
next: Section 69
. Preference to Persons For Agricultural Purposes.
AS 38.05.068. Forest Service Permittees' Sales Preference.
- (a) Before offering to the public any land which is subject to a valid existing United States Forest Service permit in
effect on the day before that land is tentatively approved for patent to the state, or which is subject to a lease
issued under AS 38.05.087
, the director shall offer the land for sale to the permittee or a successor in title, if the permittee or a successor
in title of the permittee can be found.
- (b) When not in conflict with this section, the provisions of AS 38.05.045 - 38.05.069 apply to sales under this section.
- (c) If the permit described in (a) of this section is for a recreational cabin, recreational residence, nonrecreational
residence, or a residence of a community nature and the land is used for noncommercial residential or recreational
purposes, the purchase price offered to a permittee or the successor of a permittee shall be an amount determined by
the commissioner which is equal to the state money required to be spent in order to sell the land plus the cost of
survey or resurvey, if the survey or resurvey is made by the department or a contractor of the department.
- (d) If the permit described in (a) of this section is for a use other than a use listed in (c) of this section, the
purchase price offered to a permittee or the successor of a permittee shall be not less than the appraised fair market
value of the land.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.