- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 37. Public Finance
- Chapter 14. Trust Funds
- Section 300. Investment Loss Trust Fund.
previous: Section 270
next: Section 400
. Trust Recognized.
AS 37.14.300. Investment Loss Trust Fund.
- (a) There is established as a separate fund in the state treasury the investment loss trust fund. The trust fund consists
of money appropriated to it by the legislature. The Department of Revenue is the custodian of the trust fund and shall
invest the trust fund in accordance with AS 37.10.071
. Subject to appropriation, the amount earned on money in the trust fund shall be retained in the trust fund. The trust
fund shall be held in trust for the benefit of participants in the supplemental annuity plan established under AS 39.30.150
- 39.30.180 and for other purposes authorized by this
section, subject to the conditions set out in this section.
- (b) The Department of Administration shall spend money from the trust fund as necessary to
- (1) hold participants in the plan and annuity holders harmless from a loss on investments in guaranteed investment and
annuity contracts issued by Executive Life Insurance Company of California;
- (2) pursue a right to recover amounts from persons who may have unlawfully caused or contributed to the loss on
- (3) protect the interest of participants in the plan and annuity holders during proceedings to conserve or liquidate the
assets of Executive Life Insurance Company of California.
- (c) If the plan or an annuity holder does not incur a loss on investments, or, if after compensating the plan and annuity
holders for the loss on investments, a balance remains in the trust fund, the trust fund created in (a) of this section
is terminated and the balance of the trust fund lapses pro rata into the funds from which the appropriations to the
trust fund were made. The state is subrogated to a right of claim held by participants in the plan and annuity holders
to the extent of amounts spent from the trust fund.
- (d) In this section,
- (1) "annuity holder" means
- (A) a plan participant who elects to receive an annuity contract acquired by the Department of Administration and issued
by Executive Life Insurance Company of California; and
- (B) members of the Unlicensed Vessel Personnel Annuity Retirement Plan who receive an annuity contract acquired by the
Department of Administration and issued by Executive Life Insurance Company of California;
- (2) "loss on investments" means
- (A) the difference between the principal amount plus accrued interest earned through May 3, 1991, on the guaranteed
investment contracts issued by Executive Life Insurance Company of California, according to the terms of the contracts,
and a lesser amount received by the plan upon maturity, sale, or other termination of the contracts; plus
- (B) accrued earnings on the amount described in (A) of this subsection, beginning May 4, 1991, and continuing until the
earlier of a participant's benefit commencement date or the maturity, sale, or other termination of the contracts, at a
rate equal to the rate, less one percent to be used for the purposes of (b)(2) - (3) of this section, earned each month
on the investment loss trust fund; or
- (C) any unpaid annuity amounts due to annuity holders under an annuity contract issued by Executive Life Insurance Company
- (3) "plan" means the supplemental annuity plan established under AS 39.30.150 - 39.30.180;
- (4) "trust fund" means the investment loss trust fund established under this section.
Article 05. EXXON VALDEZ OIL SPILL TRUST
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.