- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 35. Public Buildings, Works, and Improvements
- Chapter 10. Public Works
- Section 170. Duties of Department.
previous: Section 160
. Findings and Purpose.
next: Section 180
. Physical Facility Procurement and Planning Policies.
AS 35.10.170. Duties of Department.
In addition to other duties prescribed by statute, the department shall
- (1) develop facility procurement policies for the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and operation of public
facilities of the state;
- (2) develop and maintain an inventory of physical facilities currently owned or occupied by the state;
- (3) make projections of future public facility needs of the state, analyze facilities needed, and establish methodology
for program planning and facilities project planning, design, and construction, based upon:
- (A) a justification of the level of service anticipated by the program agency, utilizing population projections and
estimates approved by the governor;
- (B) consideration of the geographical area to be served by the facility and relevant data concerning the agency's existing
public facilities in that area;
- (C) the date by which the services are to be provided;
- (D) alternative program methods for providing the services; and
- (E) pertinent data requested by the department in accordance with procedures developed under AS 35.10.180
- (4) engage in experimental projects as necessary relating to any available or future method of facility procurement,
design, or construction and any method of improving existing design, planning, and construction techniques;
- (5) develop life cycle costs of public facilities of the state;
- (6) develop life cycle costing methodologies for the following special purposes:
- (A) budget forecasting to support facility program planning and analysis;
- (B) systematic cost estimating to forecast planning, design, and construction;
- (C) budget forecasting to support development of annual maintenance and operating strategies and life cycle cost plans;
- (D) alternative methods of space acquisition and space equalization which will maximize the effectiveness of public funds;
- (7) apply for and accept, on behalf of the state, grants from the federal government or an agency of it or from another
state foundation, corporation, association, or individual for any of the functions or purposes of the department and
may expend any of the money received under this section for any of the functions or purposes.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.