- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 55. Uniform Land Sales Practices Act
- Section 12. Public Offering Statement.
previous: Section 10
. Application For Registration.
next: Section 14
. Inquiry and Examination.
AS 34.55.012. Public Offering Statement.
- (a) A public offering statement must disclose fully and accurately the physical characteristics of the subdivided land
offered and must make known to prospective purchasers all unusual and material circumstances or features affecting the
subdivided land. The proposed public offering statement submitted to the department must be in a form prescribed by
its regulations and must include
- (1) the name and principal address of the subdivider;
- (2) a general description of the subdivided land stating the total number of lots, parcels, units, or interests in the
- (3) the significant terms of encumbrances, easements, liens, and restrictions, including zoning and other regulations
affecting the subdivided land and each unit or lot, and a statement of all existing taxes and existing or proposed
special taxes or assessments that affect the subdivided land;
- (4) a statement of the use for which the property is offered;
- (5) information concerning improvements, including streets, water supply, levees, drainage control systems, irrigation
systems, sewage disposal facilities, and customary utilities, and the estimated cost, date of completion and
responsibility for construction and maintenance of existing and proposed improvements that are referred to in
connection with the offering or disposition of any interest in subdivided land;
- (6) additional information required by the department to assure full and fair disclosure to prospective purchasers.
- (b) The public offering statement may not be used for promotional purposes before registration of the subdivided land and
afterwards only if it is used in its entirety. A person may not advertise or represent that the department approves or
recommends the subdivided land or its disposition. No portion of the public offering statement may be underscored,
italicized, or printed in larger or heavier or different color type than the remainder of the statement unless the
department requires it.
- (c) The department may require the subdivider to alter or amend the proposed public offering statement in order to assure
full and fair disclosure to prospective purchasers. A change in the substance of the promotional plan or plan of
disposition or development of the subdivision may not be made after registration without notifying the department and
without making appropriate amendment of the public offering statement. A public offering statement is not current
unless all amendments are incorporated.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.