- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 55. Uniform Land Sales Practices Act
- Section 10. Application For Registration.
previous: Section 8
. Prohibitions On Dispositions of Interests in Subdivisions.
next: Section 12
. Public Offering Statement.
AS 34.55.010. Application For Registration.
- (a) The application for registration of subdivided land shall be filed as prescribed by the department's regulations and
must contain the following documents and information:
- (1) an irrevocable appointment of the department to receive service of lawful process in a noncriminal proceeding arising
under this chapter against the applicant or personal representative of the applicant;
- (2) a legal description of the subdivided land offered for registration, together with a map showing the division proposed
or made, and the dimensions of the lots, parcels, units, or interest and the relation of the subdivided land to
existing streets, roads, and other off-site improvements;
- (3) the states or jurisdictions in which an application for registration or similar document has been filed, and an
adverse order, judgment, or decree entered in connection with the subdivided land by the regulatory authorities in each
jurisdiction or by a court;
- (4) the applicant's name, address, and the form, date, and jurisdiction of organization; and the address of each of its
offices in this state;
- (5) the name, address, and principal occupation for the past five years of every director and officer of the applicant or
person occupying a similar status or performing similar functions; the extent and nature of the interest of the
director, officer, or other person in the applicant or the subdivided land as of a specified date within 30 days of the
filing of the application;
- (6) a statement, in a form acceptable to the department, of the condition of the title to the subdivided land including
encumbrances as of a specified date within 30 days of the date of application by a title opinion of a licensed
attorney, not a salaried employee, officer, or director of the applicant or owner, or by other evidence of title
acceptable to the department;
- (7) copies of the instruments that will be delivered to a purchaser to evidence the interest of the purchaser in the
subdivided land and of the contracts and other agreements that a purchaser will be required to agree to or sign;
- (8) copies of the instruments by which the interest in the subdivided land was acquired and a statement of any lien or
encumbrance upon the title and copies of the instruments creating the lien or encumbrance, if any, with data as to
- (9) if there is a lien or encumbrance affecting more than one lot, parcel, unit, or interest a statement of the
consequences for a purchaser of failure to discharge the lien or encumbrance and the steps, if any, taken to protect
the purchaser in case of this eventuality;
- (10) copies of instruments creating easements, restrictions, or other encumbrances, affecting the subdivided land;
- (11) a statement of the zoning and other governmental regulations affecting the use of the subdivided land and also of any
existing tax and existing or proposed special taxes or assessments which affect the subdivided land;
- (12) a statement of the existing provisions for access, sewage disposal, water, and other public utilities in the
subdivision; a statement of the improvements to be installed, the schedule for their completion, and a statement as to
the provisions for improvement maintenance;
- (13) a narrative description of the promotional plan for the disposition of the subdivided land together with copies of all
advertising material that has been prepared for public distribution by any means of communication;
- (14) the proposed public offering statement;
- (15) other information, including a current financial statement, that the department by its regulations requires for the
protection of purchasers.
- (b) If the subdivider registers additional subdivided land to be offered for disposition, the subdivider may consolidate
the subsequent registration with an earlier registration offering subdivided land for disposition under the same
- (c) The subdivider shall immediately report a material change in the information contained in an application for
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.