- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 55. Uniform Land Sales Practices Act
- Section 14. Inquiry and Examination.
previous: Section 12
. Public Offering Statement.
next: Section 16
. Notice of Filing and Registration.
AS 34.55.014. Inquiry and Examination.
Upon receipt of an application for registration in proper form, the department shall immediately initiate an
examination to determine that
- (1) the subdivider can convey or cause to be conveyed the interest in subdivided land offered for disposition if the
purchaser complies with the terms of the offer, and when appropriate, that release clauses, conveyances in trust or
other safeguards have been provided;
- (2) there is reasonable assurance that all proposed improvements will be completed as represented;
- (3) the advertising material and the general promotional plan are not false or misleading and comply with the standards
prescribed by the department in its regulations and afford full and fair disclosure;
- (4) the subdivider has not, or if a corporation, its officers, directors, and principals have not, been convicted of a
crime involving land dispositions or any aspect of the land sales business in this state, the United States, or any
other state or foreign country within the past 10 years and has not been subject to an injunction or administrative
order within the past 10 years restraining a false or misleading promotional plan involving land dispositions;
- (5) the public offering statement requirements of this chapter have been satisfied.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.