- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 45. Unclaimed Property
- Section 470. Interest and Penalties.
previous: Section 460
. Interstate Agreements and Cooperation.
next: Section 700
. Agreement to Locate Reported Property.
AS 34.45.470. Interest and Penalties.
- (a) A person who fails to pay or deliver property within the time prescribed by this chapter may be required to pay to the
department interest at the annual rate calculated under AS 43.05.225
on the property or the value of it from the date the property should have been paid or delivered.
- (b) A person who fails to pay or deliver property or fails to perform other duties required under this chapter may be
required to pay the civil penalties calculated under AS 43.05.220
, on the property, or the value of the property, that the person had a duty to pay, deliver, or report to the
- (c) A person who intentionally refuses after written demand by the department to pay or deliver property to the department
as required under this chapter is guilty of a class A misdemeanor.
Article 07. GENERAL PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.