- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 45. Unclaimed Property
- Section 700. Agreement to Locate Reported Property.
previous: Section 470
. Interest and Penalties.
next: Section 710
. Foreign Transactions.
AS 34.45.700. Agreement to Locate Reported Property.
- (a) An agreement to pay compensation to locate, deliver, recover, or assist in the recovery of property reported under AS
while in the possession of a holder is unenforceable if made
- (1) before the date payment or delivery is made under AS 34.45.320
- (2) within 24 months after the date payment or delivery is made under AS 34.45.320
- (b) An agreement executed after the 24-month period is enforceable only if
- (1) the fee or compensation is not more than
- (A) 20 percent of the value of the property if the value of the property is less than $500; and
- (B) 10 percent of the value of the property if the value of the property is $500 or more;
- (2) the agreement is in writing, signed by the apparent owner, does not exceed six months, and specifies the fees to be
charged, nature and value of the property, and the value of the apparent owner's share after the fee or compensation is
- (c) This section does not preclude an owner from asserting that an agreement to locate property is otherwise invalid.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.