- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 35. Liens
- Section 5. Action For Foreclosure.
previous: Chapter 35
next: Section 10
. Joinder of Claimants in Lien Statement.
AS 34.35.005. Action For Foreclosure.
- (a) When an action is required to enforce a lien provided for in this chapter and the action falls within the monetary
jurisdiction of the district court, the action shall be started in the district court in the judicial district in which
venue lies. An action that exceeds the monetary jurisdiction of the district court shall be started in the superior
court in the judicial district in which venue lies. The procedure, except as otherwise provided in this chapter, is the
same as in the trial of an action to secure property to hold it for the satisfaction of a lien against it.
- (b) In an action to enforce a lien, the court shall allow as part of the costs all money paid for drawing the lien and for
filing and recording the lien claim, and a reasonable attorney fee for the foreclosure of the lien.
- (c) An action to enforce a lien created by AS 34.35.005
- 34.35.425 has preference upon the calendar of civil
actions before the court and shall be tried without unnecessary delay.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.