- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 8. Common Interest Ownership
- Section 250. Amendment of Declaration.
previous: Section 240
. Easement Rights.
next: Section 255
. Amendment of a Declaration Where Fewer Than 50 Percent of Unit Owners Approve.
AS 34.08.250. Amendment of Declaration.
- (a) Except for amendments that may be executed by a declarant under AS 34.08.170(b) or 34.08.180, or by the association under AS 34.08.140
(d), 34.08.160(c), 34.08.200(a), 34.08.210, or 34.08.740, or by certain unit owners under AS 34.08.160
(b), 34.08.200(a), 34.08.210(b), or 34.08.260(b), and except as limited by (d) of this
section, a declaration, including any required plats and plans, may be amended only by vote or agreement of unit owners
of units comprising either at least 67 percent of the allocated interests in the association or a larger percentage
specified in the declaration. A declaration may not specify a smaller number unless all of the units are restricted
exclusively to nonresidential use.
- (b) An action to challenge the validity of an amendment adopted by the association under this section may not be brought
more than one year after the amendment is recorded.
- (c) Each amendment to the declaration must be recorded, and a plat or plan that accompanies the amendment filed and
recorded, in each recording district in which a portion of the common interest community is located and the amendment
is effective only upon recording. An amendment, except an amendment under AS 34.08.200
(a), must be indexed in the name of the common interest community and the association and in the name of the parties
executing the amendment.
- (d) Except to the extent expressly permitted or required by other provisions of this chapter, an amendment may not create
or increase special declarant rights, increase the number of units, change the boundaries of a unit, the allocated
interests of a unit, or the uses to which a unit is restricted, in the absence of unanimous consent of the unit owners.
- (e) An amendment to the declaration required by this chapter to be recorded by the association must be prepared, executed,
recorded, and certified on behalf of the association by an officer of the association designated for that purpose or,
in the absence of designation, by the president of the association.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.