- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 8. Common Interest Ownership
- Section 160. Limited Common Elements.
previous: Section 150
. Allocation of Allocated Interests.
next: Section 170
. Plats and Plans.
AS 34.08.160. Limited Common Elements.
- (a) Except for the limited common elements described in AS 34.08.100(2) and (4), the declaration must specify to
which unit or units each limited common element is allocated. An allocation may not be altered without the consent of
the unit owners whose units are affected.
- (b) Except as the declaration otherwise provides, a limited common element may be reallocated by an amendment to the
declaration executed by the unit owners between or among whose units the reallocation is made. The persons executing
the amendment shall provide a copy of the amendment to the association, which shall record the amendment and file and
record a plat or plan that accompanies the amendment. The amendment must be recorded, and an accompanying plat or plan
filed and recorded, in the names of the parties and the common interest community.
- (c) A common element not previously allocated as a limited common element may be allocated as a limited common element
only under provisions in the declaration adopted under AS 34.08.130
(a)(7). The allocation must be made by an amendment to the declaration.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.