- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 34. Property
- Chapter 7. Horizontal Property Regimes Act
- Section 20. Contents of Declaration.
previous: Section 10
. This Chapter Applicable Only If Declaration Executed and Recorded.
next: Section 30
. Filing and Recording of Survey Map and Floor Plans With Verified Statement.
AS 34.07.020. Contents of Declaration.
The declaration must contain
- (1) a description of the land on which the building and improvement are or are to be located;
- (2) a description of the building, stating the number of stories and basements, the number of apartments and the principal
materials of which it is or is to be constructed;
- (3) the apartment number of each apartment, and a statement of its location, approximate area, number of rooms, and
immediate common areas to which it has access, and any other data necessary for its proper identification;
- (4) a description of the common areas and facilities;
- (5) a description of the limited common areas and facilities, if any, stating to which apartment their use is reserved;
- (6) the value of the property and of each apartment, and the percentage of undivided interest in the common areas and
facilities appertaining to each apartment and its owner for all purposes, including voting;
- (7) a statement of the purposes for which the building and each of the apartments are intended and restricted as to their
- (8) the name of a person to receive service of process in the cases provided for in this chapter, together with the
address of the person's residence or place of business, which shall be within the city or recording district in which
the building is located;
- (9) a provision as to the percentage of votes by the apartment owners that determines whether or not to rebuild, repair,
restore, or sell the property in the event of the damage or the destruction of all or a part of the property;
- (10) a provision authorizing and establishing procedures for the subdividing or combining of an apartment or apartments,
common areas and facilities or limited common areas and facilities, through the use of a metes and bounds description
- (11) a provision requiring the adoption of bylaws for the administration of the property or for other purposes not
inconsistent with this chapter that may include that the property be administered by a board of directors elected from
among the apartment owners, or by a manager, or by a managing agent, or otherwise, and the procedures for the adoption
and amendment of the bylaws;
- (12) any further details in connection with the property that the person executing the declaration may consider desirable
to set out consistent with this chapter;
- (13) the method by which the declaration may be amended, consistent with this chapter, except that not less than 60 percent
of the apartment owners may consent to any amendment; and
- (14) a reference to the file number and recording information for the floor plans of the building affected that are
required to be filed and recorded simultaneously with the declaration under AS 34.07.030
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.