- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 30. Navigation, Harbors, and Shipping
- Chapter 17. Adak Reuse Authority
- Section 110. Powers of the Authority.
previous: Section 100
. Purpose of the Authority.
next: Section 120
. Administrative Procedure.
AS 30.17.110. Powers of the Authority.
In furtherance of its corporate purposes, the authority may, in addition to other powers that it may have by law,
- (1) sue and be sued;
- (2) have a seal and alter the seal at its pleasure;
- (3) adopt and amend bylaws for its organization and internal management;
- (4) adopt regulations governing the exercise of its corporate powers;
- (5) subject to AS 30.17.130
(c), accept title to, or other interest in, assets transferred to the authority by the federal government, including
facilities and other real or personal property, located at the Adak Naval Air Facility;
- (6) lease to others a project acquired by it for the rentals and upon the terms and conditions the authority may consider
advisable, including, without limitation, provisions for options to purchase or renew;
- (7) issue and secure the payment of bonds, including revenue bonds; provide for the rights of holders of the bonds; and
purchase, hold, and dispose of bonds;
- (8) sell, by installment sale or otherwise, exchange, donate, convey, or encumber in any manner by mortgage or by creation
of any other security interest, real or personal property owned by it, or in which it has an interest, including a
project, when, in the judgment of the authority, the action is in furtherance of its corporate purposes;
- (9) accept gifts, grants, or loans from, and enter into contracts or other transactions regarding them with, a federal
agency or an agency or instrumentality of the state, a municipality, a private organization, or other source;
- (10) deposit or invest its funds, subject to agreements with bondholders;
- (11) acquire, manage, and operate projects as the authority considers necessary or appropriate to serve a public purpose;
- (12) enter into contracts or other transactions with a federal agency, with an agency or instrumentality of the state or of
a municipality, or with a private organization or other entity consistent with the exercise of any power under this
- (13) charge fees or other forms of remuneration for the use or possession of the projects described in (11) of this section
in accordance with the agreements described in (12) of this section, other agreements pertaining to the projects,
covenants, or representations made in bond documents pertaining to the projects, or regulations of the authority
pertaining to the projects.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.