- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 30. Navigation, Harbors, and Shipping
- Chapter 17. Adak Reuse Authority
- Section 130. Limitation On Powers.
previous: Section 120
. Administrative Procedure.
next: Section 200
. Consideration of Projects to Be Financed.
AS 30.17.130. Limitation On Powers.
- (a) The authority has only the powers expressly granted in this chapter, reasonably implied from this chapter, or
reasonably necessary or convenient to carry out its corporate purposes and to exercise the powers expressly granted in
or reasonably implied from this chapter.
- (b) The authority does not have powers of
- (1) eminent domain;
- (2) taxation;
- (3) land use planning;
- (4) zoning;
- (5) permitting; or
- (6) other similar governmental powers.
- (c) The authority may not accept transfer by the federal government of title to, an interest in, control over, or
responsibility for a facility or other real or personal property located at the Adak Naval Air Facility unless
sufficient federal or other money is available to the authority to manage the property or operate the facility at a
minimal level for two years after the date of the transfer. The director of the office of management and budget shall
determine whether sufficient money is available to the authority with respect to each proposed transfer subject to this
subsection, and approve or disapprove the proposed transfer.
- (d) Notwithstanding other provisions of this chapter, the authority may not enter into a trust indenture or contract that
has the effect of precluding the transfer of the assets and liabilities of the authority to a successor.
Article 03. PROJECTS; BONDS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.