- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 30. Navigation, Harbors, and Shipping
- Chapter 17. Adak Reuse Authority
- Section 200. Consideration of Projects to Be Financed.
previous: Section 130
. Limitation On Powers.
next: Section 210
. Bonds of the Authority.
AS 30.17.200. Consideration of Projects to Be Financed.
- (a) Before issuing bonds for a project under this chapter, the authority must find, on the basis of all information
reasonably available to it, that the
- (1) project and its development under this chapter will be economically advantageous to the state and the general public
welfare and will contribute to the economic growth of the state;
- (2) project is financially sound and can be expected to produce revenue adequate to repay the bonds with which it is
- (3) scope of the project is sufficient to provide a reasonable expectation of a benefit to the region and the economy of
- (b) The authority shall give fair and reasonable consideration to a project presented to it for financing. When the
authority determines whether to finance or assist in the financing of a project, the authority shall state the reasons
for its determination in a written resolution upon request by a person who presented the project to the authority or a
person who presented opposition to the project. The authority shall base its reasons on the information presented to it
concerning the project and on other information considered appropriate by the authority.
- (c) The authority may not issue bonds to finance or assist in financing a project unless the authority has received
legislative approval to do so for a specified project.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.