- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 810. Grant Applications.
previous: Section 800
. Municipal Harbor Facility Grant Fund.
next: Section 820
. Award of Grants.
AS 29.60.810. Grant Applications.
A municipality that owns a harbor facility may submit to the Department of Transportation and Public Facilities an application for a
municipal harbor facility grant to be used for construction, expansion, major repair, or major maintenance of a harbor facility. The
application must include information about the project requested by the department. For a proposed project to be eligible for a grant,
the municipality must provide evidence acceptable to the department that the
- (1) proposed project is a capital improvement project and not part of a preventive maintenance program or
regular custodial care program;
- (2) municipality will provide 50 percent of the total project cost as matching funds for the state grant and
that money received by the municipality from the state will not be used for the matching funds except money received under
- (A) AS 29.60.010 - 29.60.080 (municipal tax resource equalization);
- (B) AS 29.60.350 - 29.60.375 (safe communities program); and
- (C) AS 29.60.450 , AS 43.75.130 , and 43.75.137 (shared fisheries business taxes);
- (3) municipality has secured and will maintain adequate property loss insurance for the replacement cost of the
harbor facility or has an adequate program of insurance;
- (4) municipality has a preventive maintenance plan for the harbor facility and will be adequately adhering to
the preventive maintenance plan after completion of the proposed project.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.