- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 820. Award of Grants.
previous: Section 810
. Grant Applications.
next: Chapter 63
. Special Assessments and Service Areas
AS 29.60.820. Award of Grants.
- (a) The Department of Transportation and Public Facilities may award a municipal harbor facility grant during a
fiscal year only for a proposed project eligible under AS 29.60.810 based on a grant application filed during the immediately
preceding fiscal year before February 1. The total amount of grant money made available to a municipality during a fiscal year may not
- (b) The Department of Transportation and Public Facilities shall award a grant for every proposed project
eligible under AS 29.60.810 that is for repair and major maintenance of a harbor facility
that was transferred by the state to a municipality before grants may be made for other proposed harbor facility projects during a
fiscal year. However, after the department makes a grant for the repair and major maintenance of a harbor facility under this
subsection, no other grants for the repair and major maintenance of that facility may be made during the same or any other fiscal year.
- (c) The Department of Transportation and Public Facilities shall establish priorities for the award of grants
for proposed municipal harbor facility projects under (b) of this section and priorities for the award of grants for other proposed
harbor facility projects, with new construction projects having the lowest priority. The department shall award grants in the order of
priority established. In establishing priorities, the department shall include at least the following, in the order listed:
- (1) the extent to which the municipality can demonstrate that it will have sufficient revenue to operate and
maintain the harbor facility in the future without state aid;
- (2) public safety and emergency factors;
- (3) the amount spent by the municipality on maintenance of the harbor facility;
- (4) other options that would reduce or eliminate the need for the proposed project; and
- (5) whether alternative harbor projects would better serve the public interest.
- (d) The Department of Transportation and Public Facilities may suggest modifications to a project request to
achieve cost savings or to better serve the public interest and, if the municipality agrees, award the municipal harbor facility grant
for the proposed project as modified.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.