- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 599. Definitions.
previous: Section 590
next: Section 600
. Human Services Community Matching Grants.
AS 29.60.599. Definitions.
In AS 29.60.500
- (1) "barrel" when used with reference to oil has the meaning given in AS 43.20.072
- (2) "containment and cleanup" has the meaning given in AS 46.08.900
- (3) "disaster emergency" means a disaster declared by the governor under AS 26.23.020
- (4) "fund" means the oil and hazardous substance release prevention and response fund established by AS 46.08.010
- (5) "hazardous substance" has the meaning given in AS 46.09.900
- (6) "oil" and "release" have the meanings given in AS 46.08.900
- (7) "school district" means a borough school district, a city school district, or a regional educational attendance area
under AS 14;
- (8) "service"
- (A) means
- (i) a function performed or service provided by a municipality under a duty or power authorized by this title or by
another provision of law authorizing a municipality to perform functions or provide services;
- (ii) a comparable function performed or service provided by a village; or
- (iii) a function performed or service provided by a school district;
- (B) includes functions not previously performed and services not previously provided by the municipality or village;
- (9) "village" means a place within the unorganized borough or within a borough if the power, function, or service for
which a grant application is submitted under AS 29.60.500
- 29.60.599 is not exercised or provided by the
borough on an areawide or nonareawide basis at the time the grant application is submitted, that
- (A) has irrevocably waived, in a form approved by the Department of Law, any claim of sovereign immunity that might arise
in connection with the use of grant money under this chapter; and
- (B) has
- (i) a council organized under 25 U.S.C. 476 (sec. 16 of the Indian Reorganization Act);
- (ii) a traditional village council recognized by the United States as eligible for federal aid to Indians; or
- (iii) a council recognized by the commissioner under regulations adopted by the department to determine and give official
recognition of village entities under AS 44.33.755
Article 08. HUMAN SERVICES COMMUNITY MATCH PROGRAM
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.