- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 60. State Programs
- Section 290. Qualification For Minimum Payment.
previous: Section 280
. Allocation and Distribution.
next: Section 300
. Proration of Payments.
AS 29.60.290. Qualification For Minimum Payment.
- (a) A municipality qualifying for an entitlement under AS 29.60.010
- 29.60.080 or 29.60.100 - 29.60.180 shall receive a minimum payment plus an area
cost-of-living differential for each fiscal year if
- (1) the municipality has conducted a regular election during the state fiscal year preceding the year in which the
department's determination of the municipality's millage rate equivalent is made under AS 29.60.030
and has reported the results of the election to the commissioner;
- (2) regular meetings of the governing body are held in the municipality during the state fiscal year preceding the year in
which the department's determination of the municipality's millage rate equivalent is made under AS 29.60.030
and a record of the proceedings is maintained;
- (3) a municipal budget has been adopted for the fiscal year during which payment of an entitlement is authorized by AS 29.60.010
- 29.60.080 or 29.60.100 - 29.60.180 and an audit or financial statement for the
fiscal year preceding the year in which the department's determination of the municipality's millage rate equivalent is
made under AS 29.60.030
has been prepared and furnished to the department in accordance with AS 29.20.640
- (4) local ordinances adopted by the municipality have been codified in accordance with AS 29.25.050
- (b) The area cost-of-living differential payable to each municipality under this section shall be determined annually by
election district under the provisions of AS 39.27.030
. Except as provided in AS 29.60.300, application of
the area cost-of-living differential may not result in a payment that is less than the minimum payment determined under
(a) of this section. For purposes of this subsection, the election districts used are those designated by the
proclamation of reapportionment and redistricting of December 7, 1961, and retained for the house of representatives by
proclamation of the governor September 3, 1965.
- (c) The department shall pay to each municipality eligible to receive a minimum payment under this section an amount equal
to the difference between the minimum payment determined under (a) and (b) of this section and the sum of the amounts
payable for the same fiscal year under AS 29.60.010
- 29.60.080 and 29.60.100 - 29.60.180.
- (d) If at least $41,472,000 is appropriated for all entitlements under AS 29.60.010
- 29.60.310 for a fiscal year, the minimum payment
for a municipality under this section for that year equals $40,000. Otherwise, the minimum payment equals $25,000. A
payment under this section may be prorated and reduced under AS 29.60.300
- (e) Payments under this section shall be made from the money allocated to the tax equalization account established in AS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.