Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 20. Municipal Officers and Employees
- Section 640. Reports.
previous: Section 630
. Prohibited Discrimination.
next: Chapter 23
. Municipal Officers and Employees
AS 29.20.640. Reports.
- (a) A municipality shall file with the department
- (1) maps and descriptions of all annexed or detached territory;
- (2) a copy of the annual audit, or, for a second class city, an audit or statement of annual income and expenditures;
- (3) tax assessment and tax levy figures as requested;
- (4) a copy of the current annual budget of the municipality;
- (5) a summary of the optional property tax exemptions authorized together with the estimate of the revenues lost to the
municipality by operation of each of the exemptions.
- (b) Compliance with the provisions of this section is a prerequisite to receipt of municipal tax resource equalization
assistance under AS 29.60.010 - 29.60.080 and priority revenue sharing for municipal
services under AS 29.60.100
- 29.60.180. If a municipality does not comply with
this section, the department shall withhold the allocations until the required reports are filed.
- (c) This section applies to home rule and general law municipalities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.