Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 260. Cities Outside Boroughs.
previous: Section 250
. Cities Inside Boroughs.
next: Section 300
. Additional Powers.
AS 29.35.260. Cities Outside Boroughs.
- (a) A city outside a borough may exercise a power not otherwise prohibited by law. A provision that is incorporated by
reference to laws governing boroughs applies to home rule cities outside boroughs only if the provision is made
applicable to home rule boroughs.
- (b) A home rule or first class city outside a borough is a city school district and shall establish, operate, and maintain
a system of public schools as provided by AS 29.35.160
for boroughs. A second class city outside a borough is not a school district and may not establish a system of public
- (c) A home rule city outside a borough shall provide for planning, platting, and land use regulation as provided by AS 29.35.180
(b) for home rule boroughs. A first class city outside a borough shall, and a second class city outside a borough may,
provide for planning, platting, and land use regulation as provided by AS 29.35.180
(a) for first and second class boroughs.
- (d) This section applies to home rule and general law cities.
Article 05. ACQUISITION OF ADDITIONAL POWERS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.