Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 300. Additional Powers.
previous: Section 260
. Cities Outside Boroughs.
next: Section 310
. Transfer By City.
AS 29.35.300. Additional Powers.
- (a) A first class borough acquires an additional areawide power by transfer of the power by a city or by holding an
areawide election on the question.
- (b) A second class borough acquires an additional power by transfer of the power by a city or by holding an election on
the question. For acquisition of an areawide power, the election shall be held areawide. For acquisition of a
nonareawide power, the election shall be held nonareawide.
- (c) A third class borough acquires an additional power to exercise in a service area by forming a service area in
accordance with AS 29.35.490(b) or (c).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.