Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 250. Cities Inside Boroughs.
previous: Section 220
. Third Class Borough Powers.
next: Section 260
. Cities Outside Boroughs.
AS 29.35.250. Cities Inside Boroughs.
- (a) A city inside a borough may exercise any power not otherwise prohibited by law.
- (b) On adoption of a borough ordinance to provide for areawide exercise of a power, no city may exercise the power unless
the borough ordinance provides otherwise or the borough by ordinance ceases to exercise the power.
- (c) A home rule city in a third class borough shall provide for planning, platting, and land use regulation as provided by
AS 29.35.180(b) for home rule boroughs. A first class
city in a third class borough shall provide for planning, platting, and land use regulation as provided by AS 29.35.180
(a) for first and second class boroughs. A second class city in a third class borough may provide for planning,
platting, and land use regulation as provided by AS 29.35.180(a) for first and second class boroughs.
- (d) This section applies to home rule and general law cities.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.