Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 35. Municipal Powers and Duties
- Section 220. Third Class Borough Powers.
previous: Section 210
. Second Class Borough Powers.
next: Section 250
. Cities Inside Boroughs.
AS 29.35.220. Third Class Borough Powers.
- (a) A third class borough may borrow money and issue negotiable or nonnegotiable bonds or other evidences of indebtedness
as provided by AS 29.47.
- (b) Areawide exercise of a power by a third class borough other than education and tax assessment and collection is not
- (c) A third class borough may acquire the power to provide for planning, platting, and land use regulation as provided in
AS 29.40 for first and second class boroughs, except the power
may only be exercised within a service area.
- (d) A third class borough may acquire any power not otherwise prohibited by law, except the power may only be exercised
within a service area.
- (e) A third class borough may by ordinance exercise power necessary to contain, clean up, or prevent a release or
threatened release of oil or a hazardous substance, and exercise a power granted to a municipality under AS 46.04, AS 46.08, or AS 46.09, but the power authorized by this subsection may be exercised
only on a nonareawide basis. The borough shall exercise its authority under this subsection in a manner that is
consistent with a regional master plan prepared by the Department of Environmental Conservation under AS 46.04.210
Article 04. CITY POWERS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.