Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 25. Municipal Enactments
- Section 20. Ordinance Procedure.
previous: Section 10
. Acts Required to Be By Ordinance.
next: Section 30
. Emergency Ordinances.
AS 29.25.020. Ordinance Procedure.
- (a) An ordinance is introduced in writing in the form required by the governing body.
- (b) The following procedure governs the enactment of all ordinances, except emergency ordinances:
- (1) an ordinance may be introduced by a member or committee of the governing body, or by the mayor or manager;
- (2) an ordinance shall be set by the governing body for a public hearing by the affirmative vote of a majority of the
votes authorized on the question;
- (3) at least five days before the public hearing a summary of the ordinance shall be published together with a notice of
the time and place for the hearing;
- (4) copies of the ordinance shall be available to all persons present at the hearing, or the ordinance shall be read in
- (5) during the hearing the governing body shall hear all interested persons wishing to be heard;
- (6) after the public hearing the governing body shall consider the ordinance, and may adopt it with or without amendment;
- (7) the governing body shall print and make available copies of an ordinance that is adopted.
- (c) An ordinance takes effect upon adoption or at a later date specified in the ordinance.
- (d) This section does not apply to an ordinance proposed under AS 04.11.507(d).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.