Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 29. Municipal Government
- Chapter 25. Municipal Enactments
- Section 10. Acts Required to Be By Ordinance.
previous: Chapter 25
. Municipal Enactments
next: Section 20
. Ordinance Procedure.
AS 29.25.010. Acts Required to Be By Ordinance.
- (a) In addition to other actions that this title requires to be by ordinance, the governing body of a municipality shall
use ordinances to
- (1) establish, alter, or abolish municipal departments;
- (2) provide for a fine or other penalty, or establish rules or regulations for violation of which a fine or other penalty
- (3) provide for the levying of taxes;
- (4) make appropriations, including supplemental appropriations or transfer of appropriations.
- (5) grant, renew, or extend a franchise;
- (6) adopt, modify, or repeal the comprehensive plan, land use and subdivision regulations, building and housing codes, and
the official map;
- (7) approve the transfer of a power to a first or second class borough from a city;
- (8) designate the borough seat;
- (9) provide for the retention or sale of tax-foreclosed property;
- (10) exempt contractors from compliance with general requirements relating to payment and performance bonds in the
construction or repair of municipal public works projects within the limitations set out in AS 36.25.025; this paragraph applies to home rule and
general law municipalities.
- (b) This section does not grant authority, but requires the governing body to use ordinances in exercising certain of its
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.