Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 20. Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act
- Section 550. Transfer of Registration to Defeat Purpose of Chapter Prohibited.
previous: Section 540
. Duration, Cancellation and Return of Proof.
next: Section 560
. Surrender of License and Registration, and False Affidavits.
AS 28.20.550. Transfer of Registration to Defeat Purpose of Chapter Prohibited.
- (a) If an owner's registration is suspended under this chapter, the registration may not be transferred nor the vehicle
registered in any other name until the department is satisfied that the transfer or registration is proposed in good
faith and not for the purpose or with the effect of defeating the purposes of this chapter.
- (b) This section does not affect the rights of a conditional vendor, chattel mortgagee, or lessor of the vehicle
registered in the name of another as owner who becomes subject to this chapter.
- (c) The department shall suspend the registration of a vehicle transferred in violation of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.