Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 20. Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act
- Section 420. Certificate Furnished By Nonresident as Proof.
previous: Section 410
. Certificate of Insurance as Proof.
next: Section 430
. Default By Nonresident Insurer.
AS 28.20.420. Certificate Furnished By Nonresident as Proof.
- (a) A nonresident may give proof of financial responsibility by filing with the department a written certificate of an
insurance carrier authorized to transact business in the state in which the vehicle described in the certificate is
registered, or if the nonresident does not own a vehicle, then in the state in which the nonresident resides, if the
certificate otherwise conforms with this chapter; the department shall accept it upon condition that the insurance
carrier complies with (b) and (c) of this section.
- (b) The insurance carrier shall execute a power of attorney authorizing the department to accept service on its behalf of
notice or process in an action arising out of a motor vehicle accident in this state.
- (c) The insurance carrier shall agree in writing that the policy shall conform with the laws of this state relating to the
terms of motor vehicle liability policies issued in this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.