Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 20. Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act
- Section 370. Installment Payment of Judgments; Default.
previous: Section 360
. Payments Sufficient to Satisfy Requirements.
next: Section 380
. Registration and Operator's Rights Limited By Extent of Proof.
AS 28.20.370. Installment Payment of Judgments; Default.
- (a) A judgment debtor upon due notice to the judgment creditor may apply to the court in which such judgment was rendered
for the privilege of paying the judgment in installments and the court, without prejudice at any other legal remedy,
may order and fix the amount and time of payment of the installments.
- (b) The department may not suspend a license or nonresident's operating privilege, and shall restore a license or
nonresident's operating privilege suspended following nonpayment of a judgment, when the judgment debtor gives proof of
financial responsibility and obtains an order permitting the payment of the judgment in installments.
- (c) If the judgment debtor fails to pay an installment specified by the court order, upon notice of default, the
department shall immediately suspend the license or nonresident's operating privilege of the judgment debtor until the
judgment is satisfied as provided in this chapter.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.