Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 20. Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act
- Section 360. Payments Sufficient to Satisfy Requirements.
previous: Section 350
. Discharge in Bankruptcy. [Repealed, Sec. 42 Ch 53 SLA 1973].
next: Section 370
. Installment Payment of Judgments; Default.
AS 28.20.360. Payments Sufficient to Satisfy Requirements.
- (a) In this chapter, a judgment is satisfied when
- (1) $50,000 is credited upon a judgment given in excess of that amount because of bodily injury to or death of one person
as the result of any one accident;
- (2) subject to the limit of $50,000 because of bodily injury to or death of one person, the sum of $100,000 is credited
upon a judgment given in excess of that amount because of bodily injury to or death of two or more persons as the
result of any one accident; or
- (3) $25,000 is credited upon a judgment given in excess of that amount because of injury to or destruction of property of
others as a result of any one accident.
- (b) However, payments made in settlement of a claim because of bodily injury, death, or property damage arising from the
accident shall be credited in reduction of the amounts provided for in this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.