Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 20. Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act
- Section 200. Disposition of Security.
previous: Section 190
. Custody of Security.
next: Section 210
. Return of Deposit.
AS 28.20.200. Disposition of Security.
- (a) The security deposited is available only for
- (1) the payment of a settlement agreement covering a claim arising out of the accident upon instruction of the person who
made the deposit, or
- (2) the payment of a judgment given against the person required to make the deposit for damages arising out of the
accident in an action at law begun not later than one year after the deposit of security, or within one year after the
date of deposit of security following failure to make payments under an agreement to pay.
- (b) Every distribution of funds from a security deposit is subject to the limits of the department's evaluation on behalf
of a claimant.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.