Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 20. Motor Vehicle Safety Responsibility Act
- Section 100. Release From Liability.
previous: Section 90
. Suspension For Failure to Deposit Security.
next: Section 110
. Adjudication of Nonliability.
AS 28.20.100. Release From Liability.
- (a) A person is relieved from the requirement for deposit of security for the benefit or protection of another person
injured or damaged in the accident if the person is released from liability by the other person.
- (b) A covenant not to sue relieves the parties to it as to each other from the security requirements of this chapter.
- (c) If the department evaluates the injuries or damage to a minor in an amount not more than $501, the department may
accept, for the purposes of this chapter only, evidence of a release from liability executed by a parent or legal
guardian on behalf of the minor without court approval.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.