Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 5. Administration
- Section 61. Records of Departments and Certified Copies of Records.
previous: Section 60
. School Patrols. [Repealed, Sec. 2 Ch 68 SLA 1964].
next: Section 65
. Access to Criminal Justice Information.
AS 28.05.061. Records of Departments and Certified Copies of Records.
- (a) The Department of Administration shall file, maintain, and appropriately index records of
- (1) vehicle registrations under AS 28.10.071
(a) - (c);
- (2) stolen, converted, recovered, and unclaimed vehicles under AS 28.10.071(d);
- (3) titles and documents creating and evidencing liens or encumbrances under AS 28.10.381
- (4) abandoned vehicles under AS 28.11.030
- (5) driver's license and driving records under AS 28.15.151
- (b) The Department of Administration and the Department of Public Safety each may file and maintain any other records
considered necessary for the respective department's administration of this title and regulations adopted by that
department under it.
- (c) Records maintained by the Department of Administration or the Department of Public Safety under this title or
regulations adopted under this title may be stored in any reasonable manner, including electronic data storage. The
commissioner of each of those departments and officers and employees of those departments designated by the respective
commissioner shall, upon request, prepare under the seal of the respective department and deliver, unless otherwise
prohibited by law, a certified copy of any record of that department maintained under this title or regulations adopted
under this title, charging a fee for each certified copy. A certified copy of the record stored under this section is
admissible in an administrative proceeding or in a court in the same manner as the original document.
- (d) If a copy of a motor vehicle record prepared or maintained by the Department of Administration is requested by the
child support services agency created in AS 25.27.010
, or the child support enforcement agency of another state, the department shall provide the requesting agency with a
certified copy of the record. If information is prepared or maintained by the department in an electronic data base,
the department may give the requesting agency a copy of the electronic record and a statement certifying its contents.
The agency receiving information under this subsection may use the information only for child support purposes
authorized under law.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.