Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 15. Drivers' Licenses
- Section 151. Records to Be Kept By the Department.
previous: Section 150
. Records. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
next: Section 160
. Court Reports. [Repealed, Sec. 19 Ch 178 SLA 1978].
AS 28.15.151. Records to Be Kept By the Department.
- (a) The department shall maintain a file of
- (1) every driver's license application, license or permit and duplicate driver's license issued by it;
- (2) every license that has been suspended, revoked, canceled, limited, restricted, or denied, and the reasons for those
- (3) all accident reports required to be forwarded to the department under this title; and
- (4) every disqualification of an individual from operating a commercial motor vehicle.
- (b) The department shall also maintain and update within 10 days after receipt by the department a file of all accident reports, abstracts of court records of convictions of vehicle,
driver, and traffic offenses, and other information that the department considers necessary to carry out the purposes
of this chapter.
- (c) The department shall, upon request, subject to the applicable provisions of AS 12.62 and (f) of this section and without charging a fee, furnish
(1) a municipal, state, or federal administrative or judicial agency with a certified abstract of the driving record of
a driver within 10 days after receipt of the request by the department; and (2) a parent, foster parent, or guardian of a driver who is under 18 years of age and not an emancipated
minor an abstract of the driving record of that driver; the department may refuse to release the driver's address to
the parent, foster parent, or guardian if the department determines that the release of the driver's address poses a
threat to the health or safety of the driver. The abstract must include a listing of accidents in which the driver has
been determined by the department or a court of competent jurisdiction to have been liable, convictions of vehicle,
driver, and traffic offenses, any actions taken upon the driver's license, and information relating to financial
- (d) The department shall, upon request and payment of a fee determined by the commissioner, furnish a driver or a person
designated by the driver with an abstract or the original copy of the computer printed record of the driver's record as
provided in (c) of this section.
- (e) [Repealed, Sec. 2 ch 144 SLA 1980].
- (f) Except as provided otherwise in this section, information and records under this section are declared confidential and
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.