Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 28. Motor Vehicles
- Chapter 11. Abandoned Vehicles
- Section 30. Removal of Abandoned Vehicles.
previous: Section 25
. Claim of Ownership By Private Property Owner.
next: Section 40
. Notice to Owners and Lienholders.
AS 28.11.030. Removal of Abandoned Vehicles.
- (a) A peace officer or an employee authorized by the state or a municipality may remove or have removed to a place for
storage a vehicle abandoned on a highway, on a vehicular way or area, or on private property.
- (b) Removal of an abandoned vehicle from private property shall be upon the written request of the owner or person in
lawful possession or control of the property, and on a form prescribed by the department.
- (c) A written report of the removal shall be made by the peace officer or employee who removes or has removed a vehicle
under this section, and the report shall be sent immediately to the department and a copy of the report shall be given
to the person who stores the property. The report must describe the vehicle, the date, time, and place of removal, the
grounds for removal, and the place of impoundment of the vehicle.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.