Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 23. Disasters
- Section 205. Confiscation of Firearms.
previous: Section 200
next: Section 210
. Relationship to Homeland Security and Civil Defense Laws.
AS 26.23.205. Confiscation of Firearms.
- (a) A person convicted of official misconduct under AS 11.56.850, or interference with constitutional rights
under AS 11.76.110, as a result of confiscating, attempting to
confiscate, or ordering the confiscation of a firearm, under color of law, during a disaster emergency,
- (1) forfeits any appointed government position and, if under the jurisdiction of the Alaska
Police Standards Council, is subject to revocation of the person's police certification;
- (2) is subject to impeachment under art. II, sec. 20, Constitution of the State of Alaska; or
- (3) is subject to having the person's elected municipal office declared vacant under AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.
- (b) This section does not apply if the person is acting as a private citizen who has been
directed to confiscate a firearm by another whom the person reasonably believes to be a peace officer or active member
of the armed forces or militia.
- (c) A conviction described in (a) of this section is an offense involving a violation of the
oath of office for purposes of AS 29.20.170 or 29.20.280.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.