Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 23. Disasters
- Section 160. Compensation.
previous: Section 150
. Disaster Prevention.
next: Section 170
AS 26.23.160. Compensation.
- (a) Personal services may not be compensated by the state or a political subdivision or agency of it, except in accordance
with Alaska law or a local ordinance.
- (b) Compensation for property shall be made only if the property was commandeered or otherwise used in coping with a
disaster emergency, and its use or destruction was ordered by the governor or by a member of the disaster emergency
forces of this state who is authorized by the Alaska division of homeland security and emergency management to issue
such an order.
- (c) A person claiming compensation for the use, damage, loss, or destruction of property occasioned by action taken under
- 26.23.220 shall file a claim for that compensation
with the Alaska division of homeland security and emergency management in the form and manner required by the division.
- (d) Unless the amount of compensation resulting from property damaged, lost, or destroyed is agreed upon between the
claimant and the Alaska division of homeland security and emergency management, the amount of compensation shall be
calculated in the same manner as compensation due for a taking of property under the condemnation laws of this state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.