Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 23. Disasters
- Section 170. Communications.
previous: Section 160
next: Section 180
. Mutual Aid.
AS 26.23.170. Communications.
- (a) The Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs shall ascertain what means exist for rapid and efficient
communications in times of disaster emergency. The department shall consider the desirability of supplementing these
communications resources, or of integrating them into a comprehensive state or state-federal telecommunications network
or other communication system or network. In studying the character and feasibility of any system or its several parts,
the department shall evaluate the possibility of multi-purpose use of it or its parts for general state and local
governmental purposes. The department shall make recommendations to the governor as appropriate.
- (b) A statewide 911 coordinator is established within the Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs to coordinate and
facilitate the implementation of 911 systems throughout the state. The 911 coordinator shall
- (1) participate in efforts to set uniform statewide standards for automatic number identification and automatic location
identification data transmission for telecommunications systems;
- (2) make recommendations as necessary for implementation of basic and enhanced 911 service.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.