Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 23. Disasters
- Section 10. Purposes.
previous: Chapter 23
next: Section 20
. The Governor and Disaster Emergencies.
AS 26.23.010. Purposes.
The purposes of this chapter are to
- (1) reduce the vulnerability of people and communities of this state to damage, injury, and loss of life and property
resulting from a disaster;
- (2) prepare for the prompt and efficient rescue, care, and treatment of persons victimized or threatened by a disaster;
- (3) provide a setting conducive to the rapid and orderly start of rehabilitation of persons and restoration of property
affected by a disaster;
- (4) clarify and strengthen the roles of the governor, state agencies, and local governments in prevention of, preparation
for, response to and recovery from a disaster;
- (5) authorize and provide for cooperation in disaster prevention, preparedness, response, and recovery;
- (6) authorize and provide for the coordination of activities relating to disaster prevention, preparedness, response, and
recovery by agencies and officers of the state, and similar state-local, inter-state, federal-state, and foreign
activities in which the state and its political subdivisions may participate; and
- (7) assist in the prevention of disasters caused or aggravated by inadequate planning for, and regulation of, public and
private facilities and land use.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.