Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 23. Disasters
- Section 80. Federal Disaster Loans to Political Subdivisions.
previous: Section 77
. Plan Review; Incident Command Systems.
next: Section 90
. Grants to Disaster Victims.
AS 26.23.080. Federal Disaster Loans to Political Subdivisions.
Whenever, at the request of the governor, the President has declared a major disaster to exist in this state, the
- (1) upon the governor's determination that a political subdivision of the state will suffer a substantial loss of tax and
other revenue from the disaster and has demonstrated a need for financial assistance to perform its governmental
functions, apply to the federal government, on behalf of the political subdivision, for a loan; the governor may
receive and disburse the proceeds of any approved loan to any applicant political subdivision;
- (2) determine the amount needed by any applicant political subdivision to restore or resume its governmental functions,
and to certify the amount to the federal government;
- (3) recommend to the federal government, based upon review by the governor, the cancellation of all or any part of
repayment when, for the first three full fiscal years following the major disaster, the revenue of the political
subdivision is insufficient to meet its operating expenses, including additional disaster-related expenses of a
municipal operation character.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.