Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 23. Disasters
- Section 77. Plan Review; Incident Command Systems.
previous: Section 75
. Emergency Plans.
next: Section 80
. Federal Disaster Loans to Political Subdivisions.
AS 26.23.077. Plan Review; Incident Command Systems.
- (a) The commission shall review and make recommendations about local, interjurisdictional, regional, and state emergency
plans, including plans prepared under this chapter and AS 46.04.200
- 46.04.210 and all emergency plans prepared by state
agencies under other authorities.
- (b) When making recommendations about a plan, the commission shall suggest changes that ensure that the plan includes an
incident command system that describes the respective roles of affected persons and agencies in a clear and specific
manner and that the respective roles of state agencies are consistent with their statutory duties. The commission shall
also suggest changes that ensure that the plans are well-integrated with related plans.
- (c) To the extent consistent with other law, an incident command system recommended under this section or included in a
plan reviewed under this section must provide that the Department of Military and Veterans' Affairs has a major role in
mobilization of personnel and resources, communications, transportation planning, and other logistics involved in a
state response to a disaster or other emergency.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.