Advertising with us can place you in front of thousands of visitors a day. Learn more!
- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 26. Military Affairs, Veterans, and Disasters
- Chapter 5. Military Code of Alaska
- Section 145. Suits By Members of the Military Services.
previous: Section 140
. Suits Against Officers and Enlisted Persons.
next: Section 150
. Not Liable For Exercise of Judgment.
AS 26.05.145. Suits By Members of the Military Services.
- (a) A civil action for damages may not be brought by or on behalf of a member of the military services against the state
or against any employee of the state or any member or former member of the Alaska militia for wrongful death, personal
injury, or other tort claim or injury arising out of activities that were incident to the member's military service.
- (b) In this section, "military service" means service in the United States military, the militia described in AS 26.05.010
(b), or the national guard of another state.
- (c) This section does not apply to a civil action for damages as a result of intentional misconduct within the course and
scope of employment or agency and with complete disregard for the safety and property of others.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.